Friday, January 14, 2011

Week 1, Part 1

My goal for this class? Pass it. Maybe exceed on some writings.
Thoughts keep going through my head, wondering what my assignments and finished products will be, will my life provide me with the needed material to write something with the “Wow” factor. My previous experiences with writing stories started with high school, which I have no recollection of because it was so long ago, and then two writing classes when I went to college full time in early 2000 for two years. My strongest memory of college English?... When I was told by another student to “switch out of Goldfine’s class, it won’t be good. Get a different teacher.” I couldn’t imagine doing that, didn’t do that, and was quite proud of myself when my writings met your standards, no problem. Hope I repeat with this course.


Don’t agonize over it, you can, and you will do it. You do work that’s always on time and you do your best. Isn’t that all you can to do? I don’t know what you will write about. Maybe write about all of Jordyn’s medical problems, how you still blame her doctors for her problems, or, how well you did in college even though you were more than twice the age of the average student in your classes. Remember how well you did on that I-Search? You better hurry up and get this first piece done.


She worries too much. She dwells on things until they are done, or until she is completely nuts. She won’t sleep, she’ll probably have to go for walks just to reduce the stress, and she’ll constantly be checking for a new assignment, and then she’ll get it done. I know she will work to her fullest, but she needs to chill out a little in the next few weeks. She’s going to be hard to live with while she takes this class. Will she still have a family to talk to/with when the course is over? It will be a long few months, but she will succeed.

1 comment:

  1. My strongest memory of college English?... When I was told by another student to “switch out of Goldfine’s class, it won’t be good. Get a different teacher.”

    Awww, NOOO! Is that what they say about me in the halls???

    :(

    Well, Reta, you seem to be picking up exactly where you left off with me. Here you are, three days before the start of class, in with your first mini-assignment (more things will appear on the course blog for week 1 on Monday), first student to have done anything, and you definitely get the idea of the doing it slightly differently, depending on which person you use.

    Iinteresting to see if your ideas about your own topics will come true.

    ReplyDelete