Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 6 Journal

Today has to be better. It's my choice.
Let me explain. Flashback to Saturday late afternoon.

Having a bad day today. A pity party for me. Disagreement with my husband, disappointed my grand-daughter, and the pina colada mix on ice is going in smoothly, right to my head. “If momma ain’t happy, nobody’s happy” would fit the day. Tension around here is so tight. Not sure why I have these days once in awhile. Stress? Not sure I can blame it on that today.

Then---while I wallow in MY self pity, I get an email from a friend and co-worker (and distant relative) who is happy with her husband ----he may live 3-4 years with his kidney cancer if things/treatments go well!! Well f… myself. I guess things could be a lot worse for me. Compared to my friend and her husband, I truly don’t know what it is to

“Have a bad day.”


Back to Sunday. I need to change my attitude. Learn from yesterday. I have a lot to be thankful for.


1 comment:

  1. I don't know, reta--personally I find it impossible to wish my troubles away on the wings of another person's worse troubles. Nothing is ever going to be realler to you than you, unless perhaps you undergo some sort of a religious epiphany and enter sainthood.

    I wrote a piece a year or two ago about a friend with breast cancer--you'll read it in a few weeks. Bottom line (and it sounds awful but I'm no liar in my writing): huge relief that I am alive and healthy, but no sense whatsoever of 'how lucky or thankful I was.' Just a purely selfish: me! alive!

    But your mileage may vary.

    ReplyDelete