Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 7 Journal

My life is rushing past me, faster than I wish. How did the momentum speed up so much? Why, as a teenager, was I so eager to be older, anxious to grow up? As I quickly read the paper this morning, before rushing out the door to go to work, I turned the page and there it was... a broken fortune cookie with the message....Do not rush through life. Pause and enjoy it. Well, those words really hold true to me - to many people, I would think. For me, it seems that after working five days, I would enjoy the weekend. But I keep so busy - until it's time to go back to work Monday morning. Go back to work to rest. Why is the world moving so fast...why is everyone in such a hurry? Why don't we all slow down.

1 comment:

  1. Here's why we keep hustling along:

    Like one that on a lonesome road
    Doth walk in fear and dread
    And having once turned round walks on
    And turns no more his head;
    Because he knows a frightful fiend
    Doth close behind him tread

    ReplyDelete